- The video should instantly engage the audience and it should hold their attention on the video.
- The video should entertain and educate the audience.
- Viewers should feel like forwarding the video to others.
- Videos should be crisp, short and consistent.
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Viral video helps in marketing the brand through using internet, social media and other technologies to create awareness. The main goal of viral video is to create a message to consumer who is potential to buy a product or service. Viral marketing requires a good strategic planning for utilizing a social media and well developed content that would help in delivering better results.
Some of the Viral video strategies are:
1. Optimization of Google Search Engine for organic ranking.
2. Using Google Pay-per-click advertising
3. You tube videos, keywords, and using advertisements.
7. Common Net groups
8. Network marketing
Most viral videos what we make should be short and sweet. The video should not exceed three minutes. The power of internet audience is very less when compared to television audience. So choice is huge when the audience views the video that is more than 3 minutes which is longest engagement.
The viewing span of the video by the viewers are very small and the judgment has to be made for the first 3-5 seconds. The viewer fails to watch the video if the video is not so very interesting and catchy.
Mostly the videos are silly but people may view it as the video would have entertained them emotionally and gave them a good time laughing or emotionally touching them.
Main elements of viral video should be:
When we take any viral video there is always a curiosity by the people where sometimes it is evident and sometimes it is submissive. Telling a story by hiding the real thing first and slowly opening up the real fact is one of the major important strategies.
Remixing gives a good result on viral video. One should create a video that is simple to be remixed over and over. A video should not be felt like an ad by viewers and it should look really amazing. The video should always be shocking and interesting that the viewer should not have other choice but to investigate it further. Some examples of perfect videos are as follows:
· Model Falls in Hole on Runway
· Cheerlander Gets Run Over by Football Team
· PacMan The Chase
· Dog drives Car
Title optimization: To maximize the number of views one of the easiest ways is title optimization. Good catchy title is one of the main marketing strategies. First make a catchy title and this title can be changed number of times. Changing the title with the brand name second time would make the video sensible.
A video on the most viewed page along with other twenty or thirty videos creates a thumbnail option which is the best strategy to maximize the number of visits of viewers. Thumbnails should be of high quality in video and it should have at least a face or a person in the picture.
Posting videos simultaneously is a wrong strategy in video marketing. After the first video is done we delete the second video in next 48 hours window to push the more viewed page. Then delete and repeat the same process. By using this strategy viewers get completely engaged into the videos.
Strategic Tagging is one of the very important strategies used in viral video. You Tube have an option to tag the videos to be displayed on some specific relevant searches.
Measuring effectiveness -Metrics/Tracking: TubeMogul and Vidmetrix helps to track views, comments, rating of each person and graphs can be drawn using this method. These tools also help to measure viral spread of popular video sites other than YouTube through other social sites.
Wednesday, February 12, 2014
Response marketing is a two way communication which occurs between buyer and seller, where the seller directly implores a response from the buyer. There are a number of aspects contributing to the success of Response marketing. It has precise consumers who are current or potential users of a particular product or service. The transcript is written in a very personal style, like in a private conversation. Usually, the products offered through Response marketing practises are not accessible in traditional retail advertising, or they vary in price, type, or certain benefits over competing brands. The Response marketing is a part of any marketing media from direct mail to bill boards, print advertisements and online ads. The secret to positive Response marketing is totally one and the same as compared to any other advertising or promotional activity. The 5 main key elements of Response marketing are,
· There must be a benefit-oriented headline.
· There must be a real marketing message involved.
· There must be an offer of some kind.
· There must be a response device or instructions on how to retort.
Start with clearly described marketing goals and determine how Response marketing can fullfil the role that it has in the marketing plan. For full impact, Response marketing should be seen as part of the overall promotional plan. To be operative, it must make the most from the chances offered by databases. Direct response offers a number of exciting replacements to outmoded advertising in the media. Magazines winkle over 50 per cent of all Response marketing done in the media. They offer advertisers with direct response, a number of features ideally combined. Magazines have a number of added values for companies desiring to advertise with direct response:
· Audience selection: Magazines have the capability to attract readers with common aspects and interests. Focused publications provide an environment friendly with publishingadvertisements that hold them, confirming that the reader has “the appropriate state” for an advertisement.
· Response marketing in magazines may reach a group of readers that generally would be excluded by other modes of communication.
· Sustainability: Magazines have a longer life, allowing the coupons to be cut or responses to offers to be sent days or even weeks after the magazine has been received
· Sizes and colours: The distinctive advertisement in a magazine contains enough space for vouchers and detailed information about the product.
· Reputation: Magazines afford many of the advantages of direct mail, but with an additional status to their advertising agency.
The approach of direct response should be
· targeted demographically and geographically.
· short-term focused; you get results immediately.
· translate directly into revenue.
· relatively small investment in creative support.
· simple to reproduce your best results; once you know what’s working, you can do it over and over again.
Labels: response marketing
Monday, February 10, 2014
Direct mailing is flexible for marketing. It aims on lead generation, introduction of new product, customer relationship management development and database management. Direct mail marketing uses the unique features of direct mail formats which includes the colour, fonts, and interactive elements that makes different from the rest of the mail. It is a medium of advertising to target consumers through the mail, or addressed to readily selected persons, or unaddressed and distributed to pre-selected areas. Direct mail is the most heavily used direct marketing method which also helps in brand management. It is the third largest advertising medium sought after newspapers and TV because it can be applied to a targeted audience and sent modestly using bulk mailing rates. Targeting and Personalisation is the two main key for the success of direct mail marketing. Targeting refers to the specific people who are most related to the information you are sending. Personalization refers to individualizing the marketing process. The largest expense of direct mailing is postage which also do account for nearly 1/3rd of the total cost of a direct mail campaign. Other costs include designing, writing, printing, packing the mailing, and buying mail lists. Direct mail marketing plays an effective part in b2b marketing. It generates new sales leads. The four important tips for direct mail marketing are:
· Understanding your target consumer: Knowing the best consumer is the key tool. Make a clear understanding of customer’s profile such as their shopping and purchasing behaviour, their attitude towards products, marketing and media, their lifestyle habits, etc. will help you to become even more effective in both your leader selection and messages while communicating with your leads.
· Target your ideal customer: Target mailing is expensive and it will have good response and growth rate. After you reached your target customer, you can able to build a targeted list of new leads. It has maximum percentage of prospects responding to your mail.
· Pick a mailing list type: The proper mailing list will contain most valuable prospects. Mailing list categories are specialty list, customer mailing list and cloned list.
· Create a mailing: After the creation of your mail, you should deliver your marketing message. Make consistent information in the messages and it should offer high quality of professional service.
Now let us see the advantages of direct mail marketing are.
· Targeted: It reaches a specific group of people and make them to buy their product.
· Personal: It puts your message straight in the hands of the consumer. It increases strong customer bondage.
· Tangible: It is tangible. The message can be picked up again, it can be studied and re-considered.
· Integrated: Mailing creates brand awareness to the point of purchase.
· Measurable: At last enclose an order card or return envelope.
From various facts, it have been found that through direct mail marketing, the business have got higher return on investment (ROI). 81% of American households do read or scan their mail. So, it helps in correct choosing of right potential customers. 5 out of 10 household do their shopping from home through mail.
Labels: direct mail
Started my career as a graphic artist, studied multimedia, practiced advertising and marketing consultancy for nearly 18+ years. I write, co author many blogs related to online advertising and marketing. I am here to help you for selling your products or services online for zero cost.