Monday, February 10, 2014
Effective Strategies For Direct Mail That You Can Use Starting Today
Direct mailing is flexible for marketing. It aims on lead generation, introduction of new product, customer relationship management development and database management. Direct mail marketing uses the unique features of direct mail formats which includes the colour, fonts, and interactive elements that makes different from the rest of the mail. It is a medium of advertising to target consumers through the mail, or addressed to readily selected persons, or unaddressed and distributed to pre-selected areas. Direct mail is the most heavily used direct marketing method which also helps in brand management. It is the third largest advertising medium sought after newspapers and TV because it can be applied to a targeted audience and sent modestly using bulk mailing rates. Targeting and Personalisation is the two main key for the success of direct mail marketing. Targeting refers to the specific people who are most related to the information you are sending. Personalization refers to individualizing the marketing process. The largest expense of direct mailing is postage which also do account for nearly 1/3rd of the total cost of a direct mail campaign. Other costs include designing, writing, printing, packing the mailing, and buying mail lists. Direct mail marketing plays an effective part in b2b marketing. It generates new sales leads. The four important tips for direct mail marketing are:
· Understanding your target consumer: Knowing the best consumer is the key tool. Make a clear understanding of customer’s profile such as their shopping and purchasing behaviour, their attitude towards products, marketing and media, their lifestyle habits, etc. will help you to become even more effective in both your leader selection and messages while communicating with your leads.
· Target your ideal customer: Target mailing is expensive and it will have good response and growth rate. After you reached your target customer, you can able to build a targeted list of new leads. It has maximum percentage of prospects responding to your mail.
· Pick a mailing list type: The proper mailing list will contain most valuable prospects. Mailing list categories are specialty list, customer mailing list and cloned list.
· Create a mailing: After the creation of your mail, you should deliver your marketing message. Make consistent information in the messages and it should offer high quality of professional service.
Now let us see the advantages of direct mail marketing are.
· Targeted: It reaches a specific group of people and make them to buy their product.
· Personal: It puts your message straight in the hands of the consumer. It increases strong customer bondage.
· Tangible: It is tangible. The message can be picked up again, it can be studied and re-considered.
· Integrated: Mailing creates brand awareness to the point of purchase.
· Measurable: At last enclose an order card or return envelope.
From various facts, it have been found that through direct mail marketing, the business have got higher return on investment (ROI). 81% of American households do read or scan their mail. So, it helps in correct choosing of right potential customers. 5 out of 10 household do their shopping from home through mail.
Started my career as a graphic artist, studied multimedia, practiced advertising and marketing consultancy for nearly 18+ years. I write, co author many blogs related to online advertising and marketing. I am here to help you for selling your products or services online for zero cost.